ABOUT DR. BLUM
Dr. Diana Blum is a board certified Neurologist who, before starting her private practice, was a shareholder-physician at the Palo Alto Medical Foundation (PAMF) where she consistently received the highest patient satisfaction scores among all neurologists across PAMF regions. She has extensive experience in diagnosing and caring for patients with all types of neurological conditions. Her current main area of focus is the diagnosis and management of Parkinson's Disease patients . She is a recipient of both the Patient's Choice Award (4 years in a row) and the Compassionate Doctor's Recognition. In 2013, she was named to the "Leading Physician of the World" and "Top Neurologist in California" by the International Association of HealthCare Professionals.
Dr. Diana Blum earned her MD at the University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine and completed her neurology residency at Stanford University. As a Bay Area native, she graduated Summa Cum Laude from UC Davis and is fluent in both English and Russian. Dr. Blum is married and spends her free time taking care of her 2 children and the family dog, Piper.
· D. Blum, J. Maldonado, E. Meyer, M. Lansberg. Delirium Following Abrupt Discontinuation of Fluoxetine Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery, 2008, 110 (1). 69-70.
· E. Rogalski, D. Blum, A. Rademaker, S. Weintraub. Incidental Learning of Pictures and Words in Primary Progressive Aphasia, Neuropsychologia 45 (2007) 368-377.
· D. Blum, A. Yonelinas, T. Luks, D. Newitt, J. Oh, Y, Lu, S. Nelson, D. Goodkin, D. Pelletier. Dissociating Perceptual and Conceptual Implicit Memory in Multiple Sclerosis Patients. Brain and Cognition, 2002, (50). 51-61.
· D.Blum & A. Yonelinas. Transfer Across Modality in Perceptual Implicit Memory. Psychonomic Bulletin, 2001, 8(1). 147-154.
· T. Luks, D. Goodkin, S. Nelson, S. Majumdar, P. Bacchetti, D. Portnoy, R. Sloan. A Longitudinal Study of Ventricular Volume in Early Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis. Multiple Sclerosis, 2000, 6(5). 332-337.
2011 Palo Alto Medical Foundation Grand Rounds: Non-Motor Symptoms in Parkinson’s Disease
2011 Palo Alto Medical Foundation Community Service Lecture Series: Common Headache Disorders: Overview on How to Manage Migraine and Tension Headaches
2008 Stanford University Grand Rounds: Symptomatic Carotid Endarterectomy Timing & Preoperative Management
2007 Stanford University Grand Rounds: Spinal Cord Capillary Hemangioma Presenting as Paraparesis
2005 21st International Conference of Alzheimer's Disease, (poster). Recognition Memory and Primary Progressive Aphasia
2004 University of Chicago Senior Scientific Symposium, (oral). Differences in Learning Words and Pictures in Primary Progressive Aphasia Patients
2000 Cognitive Neuroscience Society Annual Meeting, (poster). Perceptual & Conceptual Implicit Memory in Multiple Sclerosis Patients.
2000 International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine Meeting, (poster). Characterization of Tissue in Multiple Sclerosis Using Diffusion Tensor Imaging.
1998 Cognitive Neuroscience Society Annual Meeting, (poster). Memory for Emotionally Arousing Words.